Thursday, May 4, 2017

Glorifying God in Times of Trial


Good Evening Everyone!! Hope you're having a great day. I have to say that I had a rough day with pain and thoughts. I had a dear friend of mine from church staying with me to help me since I have been injured from participating in aquatic therapy because of my doctor's script. I had a tough time with getting up as I cannot do it on my own. I have to have assistance, then I have to use a walker once I am up. Using the walker is difficult as my right leg is not moving the way it should be. I cannot place my foot flat when walking. It will not go that way. If it is forced to go flat then it snaps back up because it will not go flat. 

I wish that I knew prior to going in the water that it was a bad decision for people like me with Osteogenesis Imperfecta. The resistance of the water and our body weight can cause injury and or fracture.

I was told by my doctor that I will be going for pain management for my leg, pelvis, hip until we figure if there are stress or compression fractures. The place for pain management mentioned about if I would be interested in medical marijuana. I am so on the fence with this. I have to say God has really blessed me, directed me in finding out about this. I knew I needed to find out first and foremost if my insurance covered this or not. I didn't want to get excited about trying something that may work for my pain and help my bones to have that excitement destroyed by the insurance company not covering it. I called our insurance company not sure what to expect out of the phone call, but I can say for sure I was greatly blessed and I was told by the one that I was talking to that I was encouraging to her. She said that I was positive and had a positive spirit. I feel that it was God that brought her and me together tonight in the phone conversation. I feel we both needed to hear each other and what we had to express to one another. I am so happy that God did that. I gave her my site and she said that she'd be sure to research Osteogenesis Imperfecta and come look at my site.  I hope I can be an encourager for her. 

I have to say that today has been very challenging as my leg has been spasming very hard. I cannot walk on my foot - I am walking with a walker. I have a wheelchair to go out to do things. I have to spend my days and nights in the recliner in the living room. I really wish that I could get in my bed. My doctors have said no laying flat it is dangerous at this point. I really miss going upstairs in my house. I ought to end things here for now and write more tomorrow.

Have a great night, thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...