Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday Family Fun Day!

Good Morning!!! Hope everyone had a good night. My night was an eventful one; I was up and asleep again...the pain woke me...I felt a pop and that woke me. I didn't know whether to reach over to my husband and tell him I may have just done something. I decided against it; waited to see when I tried to move if I felt pain or no.  I didn't so I let myself drift off to sleep again. My husband woke at 4:30am, he got up, went to his office and did some work.  I woke to my 5:30 pill alarm took the medications then drifted off until 6:30am. I texted my husband because I noticed he wasn't back in bed....hmm, texts don't work well in reaching someone when they leave their phone on the nightstand next to the bed you're in.  I called him on the intercom; he came in and helped me up. The pain was a bit much, the leg and hip didn't want to cooperate. I didn't know if we were going to succeed in getting me up and about. I trusted him to hold me and I trusted God to get me moving. I thanked God that I was up. So much more to thank Him for. I finally got downstairs, hubby returned upstairs to get the few things that we left behind just to get me downstairs.  He put them on the table next to where I'd be sitting then returned to our bedroom for more R&R as he said.....love that military side of him.

Anyway, I am downstairs got myself ready then began time with God. I love my quiet times. I then was greeted with message from my sweet friend Shawn.  She and I just met a few months ago...our friendship is growing. I have to say like all friendships, relationships...there are bumps in the road, but you know what God is stronger than those bumps...He will get you through those bumps, differences whatever they may be. He's done that with us. Yes, we may bump heads not agree on how something is said, but rather than attack one another we simply say something like "did you mean?....... then state it" this way we don't feel "attacked" "put down" "wronged" "hurt"... this helps us to grow as friends. I love Shawn and her daughter. They're great!!! I pray for them and especially now as they are an adventure...surprise weekend together. I pray that they have lots of fun and I get to see them when they return.

While in my quiet time my Pastor's wife sent a message to our group with some songs. I will add them here so sit back and enjoy some good music.  The first one is by Matthew West, "Motions" This is about his challenge with vocal surgery...but in his time of trial God proved in Matthew's story that He's at work even in our weakest moments.  Here is the video on this song. 

 
Another video that my Pastor's wife shared with me was this one by Mandisa, " Unfinished". Here take a listen to this one.
I hope that you like this one as much as I did.  I really paid attention to the words...especially the part of picking myself back up. This is something that those of us with OI have to do daily. Yes, I know everyone does, but when you face medical challenges that making doing simple things that many of us take for granted; picking ourselves up takes on a different meaning.

There is one more so bear with me here ... I know this may be overwhelming you or you may not want to listen to the music that I'm posting that's ok. That is your choice. This one has an impact on me as I had been dealing with a debilitating chest issue for over 10 years. The many challenges that I faced on a daily basis....even trying to play with my son, helping my son with getting ready, doing anything, even playing a game with him sometimes was more than I could handle. That really messes with you inside when you cannot do things with your child because of a medical issue that you're challenged with. This song is a great one to get us through....take a listen......

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by....leave a message. I will respond back. Take care!!! Have a great weekend!!!

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. The video's are so encouraging needed to hear them. Love you to the moon and back and so happy that you are willing to share what your days are like dealing with all these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing. I am glad that I was able to encourage you. Love you too to the moon and back, two hands behind the back. You're welcome. Not always is it easy to share my days dealing with these issue, but I hope to encourage, help others to understand what goes on in a day with OI.

    ReplyDelete

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...