Monday, June 5, 2017

Long Time No Visit



Greetings Everyone!!! I am sorry that it's been a long, long time since I have been writing. I apologize. I have been trying to get back on my feet and walking again. I am making progress with some setbacks. I am determined to move ahead. I did get some outdoor time even if it was just sitting on the bench outside my home. That's progress because I am not surrounded by the four walls that now feel like a prison. I hate to say it, but I don't want to be a fixture in my living room; in my living room recliner.
While I could focus on what I am not doing yet; I will not and refuse to. I have to say that this time with the challenges that are and were before me was very taxing on my emotions.  When this all began it was some back pain that started this.  I went to the doctor to seek help to find that I was directed to therapy.  I thought I was making the right choice. When I experienced some pain the first day I thought okay this is expected this is something different that I am used to doing. When it transferred over to the second day and continued from there as you know the rest of what happened. I knew then, that I had challenges ahead that haven't happened yet, challenges that I was facing right at that moment. I said that this was very taxing on my emotions. This was; those that came willingly to our home to help me with everyday tasks, personal tasks I am so very grateful and thankful for every moment spent with them. I am not saying that this is a one-way experience. That is not this in any way.  I say that because these were times of refreshing for me and for them. We learned from one another. They learned about me; things that I had experienced in life. I learned things about their lives; things they experienced. This has impacted how I have dealt with and continue to deal with this setback. Setback?! You may say is that what you call it?? It is and it is an injury from the physical therapy as well, but I will get to my goals and ambitions in God's timing. He knows what they are and when they will happen. While others may think that I am wrapped in what I cannot do. I am not while these things do get to my emotions going and I can become overwhelmed at times.  Those times have been fortunate to have been blessed with friends around and them to bring words from God to my heart that some didn't even know that I was struggling with things. I appreciate each one of them that have been here. I am thankful for my husband that the Lord gave me. I say this because of something dear and close to his heart he shared with me during this time of struggle with me. I will not disclose his words here as they were just that dear and close to his heart and not easy for him to share. I have to say that his sharing these words made our relationship even stronger and helped me to see things with him differently in the current circumstances that I am dealing with.

I have to say that today I am doing better, still have a way to come yet. I am getting there. I am not giving in or complaining at all that it's taking this long to get back to where I was. I can say that I am better for the challenges that I have faced already. I am stronger for it as well. I have been in the Word throughout this ordeal. I have been directed to scripture, to books, to other things that friends and family have brought to me. I was also given things from my Pastor during this time as well. He has touched my heart with his encouraging words through this time. He has touched my heart with his sermons as well. I know through this whole process I have grown in many ways. I am thankful for what God is teaching me through this.  I hope that you will stick with me to see how things turn out and where God leads me throughout this challenge. 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my post and stopping by. Have a wonderful day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...