Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Deep In Thought........




Today has been a wet day with the constant rain coming down. I was looking for a picture to fit with how I have been today. Today I spent most of my time deep in thought. I have been thinking about so many things with all that I am dealing with in this journey of healing. I verse that I thought was from the book of Colossians. Colossians 4:2-3 (NLT) "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about His mysterious plan concerning Christ...." You may ask why this verse...well, I thought of this one because devoting ourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart; God hears us when we pray. He hears us when we pray and spend time with Him; our relationship grows with what He teaches us. Our hearts are more open to receiving what He has for us. I have been finding with this whole injury my spending time in the Word and prayer I have grown in so many ways. I realize that God means for me to be where I am. You think right away I dare to say; how can you say that? I mean seriously! Are you saying that God meant for you to get injured while in that pool for therapy??? No, I am not saying that. I am saying that He may have needed me to slow down and He allowed this.

There are times where God needs us to slow down and hear what He has for us. While getting injured doesn't mean that was the way He wanted me to slow down. It may have taken that because I admit I can be stubborn and push on when I shouldn't. Some circumstances are beyond our control. Sometimes just a card in the mail, a phone call, a knock on the door can throw us for a loop.  We need to be ready for what may come our way.  When we worry about something is us putting question marks where God puts a period. God appreciates when we do His work; what He has planned for us, for you, for me. There are so many ways that God gets our attention to get us to slow down to draw to Him. I am thankful for this time. This has been a long time; we are now five weeks in and I am still not where I need to be physically, but I have grown in so many other ways. 

I have been with four different women from my church. They come certain days of the week to help me at my home, with walking, with making meals for me, for conversation - times of refreshing for them and for me. We talk about things in our lives and share with one another.  They have taught me so much about them and they've said I have taught them so much about me. I have told them some really personal things that I don't share with just anyone. We spent time in prayer; we spent time in tears not always because of sadness, but in times of growth, times of frustration from things of negative anger. There are times that we spend singing our hearts out loudly with the television...hehe so loudly that we rock and roll my husband right out the front door. I hate to admit we laugh when we do that. Is that wrong??? I have to say that it's funny at times watching his reaction when he's going out that door.  In times like these, I have to think of God's glory rather than for my relief.  You may think why wait, how do you do that?? I mean seriously, naturally, we think of questions like these. "How did I get into this mess, and how can I get out?" "How quickly can I solve this problem?" "Why did this have to happen to me?"  That last one is a difficult one, isn't it? I mean when we get hurt, when we get into something that is catastrophic we think how did this happen? Why didn't I stop? Why didn't I see this coming? Sometimes we need to step back. When something comes at us; instead of reacting how we usually do "how can I get out of this mess?". We should change our thinking to "How can God be glorified in this situation. By doing this can change your whole perspective on the situation that you're in. 

When you think about it what comes to your mind? When you think of the enemy what does he do he comes in and bothers us, annoys us. His mission is to seek, kill and destroy. We need to acknowledge when he sneaks in and attacks us...we need to be at the ready and keep our eyes on the Lord. I have kept you here a long time so I will let you go. I thank you for taking the time to read my post. I will have more to write in the days ahead. 
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...