Friday, March 17, 2017

Good Friday Morning!!!

Good Friday Morning Everyone!! I had to say that I am so excited this is the weekend coming up. I love the weekends because that means spending time with my loving family. I don't know what we have planned as of yet. Usually we have things planned, but with the snow days we had this week we did a few things then. This weekend our son gets baptized. I am so excited for him. I am proud of him in that he's looking forward to this next step in his faith. He, like us love our LORD. 

This morning was a little better, but still took ten minutes to get downstairs. The alarm went off as usual. I moved in the bed to get ready for my husband to come to the side of the bed; "pop" it was loud and clear. My husband heard it, said what was that? I said my foot. Which one he says? I said the right one. Is it ok? I don't know, it kind of hurts. I moved to get in position to get out of bed; tried to get up on my own - did not succeed. I fell right back to the bed. He says why did you try to get up? I told him I thought I could, thought my legs were ready. They weren't soon as I got up like I said I fell right back to the bed. He helped me up, the pain in the hip and legs was not as bad as yesterday. I am thankful for that, but still pain that had to be addressed. We stood together for a few minutes so I could get my bearings then we began our "dance" as he calls it now. How sweet to make a positive out of something that could be so very negative. We "danced" out of our bedroom and transitioned to the hallway. We started the hallway, things seemed like going better then things changed my right leg gave way on me when I took a step when we were about half way.  Scared the two of us. He asked if I was ok - I replied "I don't know, I don't know what happened. That was scary." "Scary!", he says. "That scared me!!" He then says, I love you, but don't scare me like that especially at this hour! I don't blame him, I realize he was trying to make a little light of the situation - I appreciate that because if we dwell on the negative - the scary things that happen unexpectedly - the fractures that happen out of nowhere - the cracks of bones - pull of ligaments and tendons - the pulls of muscles or other issues that occur with us we'd be in a really sorry state. So put on a splodge of happiness, positivity, strength let's face our day!! I will be putting my splodge on with the Word of God - this is where I draw my strength from, I draw my strength from the LORD, from my beautiful friends like Keith, Shawn, Duc, Goose, Laur, Missy, Bev, Abby - many others. I draw strength from my husband and son as well. I give strength to our son as he faces the same challenges in different ways with OI.  I cannot say enough about the Word of God....God directs me through the scriptures to what I need for my day. I love that He does this for me. I truly do. What could be a discouraging day can be turned around in a big way when we go to the throne! I go to my Lord daily. 

Thanks for stopping by....come back again. I will try to have more about OI as I can put things up for you. Time to get started with the day...Have a wonderful day everyone!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...