Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Rise and Shine!!!

Good afternoon everyone! Hope you're having a great day. This morning's dance was a bit tougher as in the night I moved and experienced some sharp pain. When I woke and took my first step from the bed I almost went down. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I was finally beginning to walk alone, walking across the kitchen was a bit of a struggle, but I made it across. I found the things I needed to get my day started. I got ready then woke the family as they requested. 

I can say that many thoughts went through my mind. The pain that I was experiencing and waiting almost impatiently for my next dosage of medication; I wanted to give up. I knew I couldn't because there was going to come a day when giving up will not be an option. My dear friend and I were out on a mission to grab some extras for supper. As we were walking into the store I mentioned that my doctor mentioned "wheelchair". I told her no I am not giving in! I will not go to a chair. My friend's statement was "so you're going to run yourself into the ground..." Okay, so I may not have it all correct, but still, hear me out. With the OI we know that it is inevitable that we will one day live our lives out in a chair if we are not in one already. This is something that we will always fight. We do not want to be in a chair, we want to show our strength because we fracture and deal with other physical issues on a daily basis.  

I know for myself this is real for me. Moving, lifting, doing anything from typical household expectations, anything.  I know my strength comes from the LORD. HE keeps me on the path to stay motivated, to stay strong, to stay focused. I look forward to the day that when I am in Heaven that I will have no more pain, no more OI, no more back issues.  I will be whole not broken and fractured like I am now.
Thank you for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...