Thursday, April 6, 2017

Let the Dancing begin.....

 
 


Good morning! I pray that you had a good nights rest. I had a little challenge last night, but I'd rather not talk about it. Let's get onto our morning. I pray that you will have a good day ahead of you. 

I "danced" with my husband around our room. Him holding me up as we walked together. We walked the hallway together; talking along the way. I love these early morning "dances" even if they are at 4 am most of the time. Today it was 4:15 am. I decided there was no staying put in bed I needed to get up and get going. The pain was too much. I just couldn't lay there anymore. We made it to the stairs my husband helped me down the first few then I was okay to get down the rest. 

I got myself ready for the day then went to my corner of the living room to spend some quality time with the Lord. I opened my devotional to today and grabbed my Bible to start reading. I always read the scripture reference first then go into the reading.  The scripture for today's devotional is found in Revelation 2:9-10 (NLT) "I know about your suffering and your poverty--but you are rich! I know the blasphemy of those opposing you. They say they are the Jews, but they are not, because their synagogue belongs to Satan. Don't be afraid of what you are about to suffer. The devil will throw some of you into prison to test you. You will suffer for ten days. But if you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of life." 

I know I underlined quite a bit here, but there is so much being said in this devotional for today. Where it talks about those living with intractable physical pain, some barely able to function. I know many in the OI community that deals with this daily. I know I have as of late. There are so many days that I cannot even sit up in bed on my own or rise from the bed on my own, but with the help of my husband, I am able to get up. Though it may be painful I keep my trust in God because I know He brings me through the pain, through the fire. He keeps my attitude positive when the enemy wants to annoy me and try to make my attitude less positive. When you think about things, when you are close to God, the more quality time you spend with Him the enemy can't attack you, but annoy you. When you're not walking with the Lord the enemy loves to attack and keep you from God, but that's not what God wants for your life. He wants you to live with Him. When I am dealing with lots of pain whether from injuries or otherwise that's when I am most vulnerable. Words from friends, things I read, maybe even a song that a friend sends I may take all of these wrong - that's when the enemy is causing doubt in me - making me question things. I shouldn't be doing either of those; I should be going to the throne because God is still on the throne. He is our strength whether we are at our weakest moment or at a strong moment when we feel we are close to Him. We need to hold His hand through all that we face whether we think we can go it alone. He is there to help us, guide us, give us wisdom in all situations, circumstances. We need to remember He has promised a crown of life sweeter than life itself. My Lord is a strong, strong mighty tower. Here I am Lord, I am running through the door! I am taking refuge in You! Hold me, Lord! 




Thanks for taking time to read,

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...