Thursday, April 13, 2017

Aquatic Therapy Pleasant or Torture


Hi, Everyone!!! Just had to use this cute adorable puppy for the cover for the article. I was trying to find a different picture but didn't want to post pictures of other people. I will try and post a picture of the pool where I do my therapy. The photo below is the pool where I do my aquatic therapy. The pool all the way around is 4 feet. Ok, those of you that know me know how short I am. With that being said the 4 feet of water is on my shoulders. You could say doing the therapy is a challenge all on its own. 

Today we did a few things it was quite rough on me. I am glad that I have over a week before I have to go back and pick up paperwork. I asked them to write out a plan for after this because I don't want to use up all my limited therapy visits from my insurance. They could appeal, but from what I have learned the insurance company about 90% of the time will say no.

I have to say that I am paying for it from what we did today. I have been sick and in lots of pain. I am slow moving right now as I write this.  I am thankful that I have a break from therapy for a while. I say that because when I go back it's a paperwork pickup. I will then take the pool therapy to land and incorporate it with my walking. I will beat this with my body. I don't know what the doctor will say when I go back to him in May. We will see. I then see my OI doctor in June. I will not be looking forward to this one as she's going to be moving out of state. 

I have to say so many thoughts are running through my mind right now as I write this. I know some of you may tell me not to think this way or that, but dealing with this daily is difficult. When challenges come up and trying to get through them is difficult and not always the way you think. When it comes to therapy we don't have many options. There are a lot of things that we cannot do because we could fracture easily. 
Thanks for taking time to read, have a good night,

No comments:

Post a Comment

How do you do it? That is the everlasting question....

Good Afternoon Everyone! Hope you're all having a great day. I am here having a great day in spite of the ups and downs of our ser...